Thursday, October 1, 2009

Poachers are no one's friend

This is what waste looks like. This is what crime looks like. This is the work of someone who does nothing for hunting, nothing for sportsmen, and knows only selfishness. This is poaching.



For the last 4 years I have been watching a certain group of 5 bachelor mule deer bucks grow bigger and bigger. The largest was 4x5 and easily over 200 inches. Last year was the year I decided to get the big boy, but after my hunt was ruined (that story is part of an ongoing saga HERE) I looked forward to going after him again, until last night, when a friend and fellow hunter who hunts the same area showed me this picture and told me what happened.

You guessed it - that's the bruiser. Head cut off in such a manner that the cape will not be fit for mounting. Gut shot twice with a rifle during early archery elk season. Left to rot - not an ending fit for a king. This type of waste is never acceptable, but if he had been killed by a legal hunter at least I wouldn't be so mad. My buddy found him laying less than a hundred yards from the powerline road, a favorite for those idiot road hunters. He has informed the local Game Warden, but I'm not sure what will come of that. I'd love to get my hands on this moron - chances are this isn't his first time, or his last. It's like the saying goes "poachers aren't hunters, they're thieves".

No comments:

Post a Comment