Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Urban Coyotes

I was headed to a class this morning on a nice sunny 20 degree day, when I spotted this coyote wandering around in some empty housing lots. These lots happen to be right near the center of town, and as I approached this coyote looked pretty sad - wet tail and all!

When I stopped to take a picture, he trotted off, looking back several times with a very confused behavior. I let him go for a bit, until he was out of my field of view . . . .



. . . . and then I started imitating some predator calls from the warm comfort of my vehicle. He sure perked up on the way back! After a few more minutes of driving away, and then calling him back with lip squeaks and barks, I realized I was about to be late for my prior engagement, so I let him trot off, and I wished him the best of luck finding some breakfast.



Even when I'm not out hunting, I sure do enjoy predator calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment