Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Got a look at my first Arizona Red Fox!

I have heard several hunting stories and have even seen a few pictures of red foxes from the Four Corners area of Arizona. I have always wanted to get up there and go hunting, but I don't really have a reason to head to that part of the state (other than the potential for an AZ red fox) unless I am driving to Colorado. A Red Fox is the only predator in AZ that I have never dropped in the dirt (besides the Long-Tailed Weasel, of course). Then this last weekend I was heading back from Colorado through the Four Corners area when I found this:
It had been dead for awhile, but at least I got to see my first Arizona Red Fox!

2 comments:

  1. I saw one (alive) on the back deck almost 4 years ago just before we moved into this house. People told me I was wrong, that it could not have been red. But we had a picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. George - do you still have that picture? I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete