Monday, November 26, 2012

Alligator skull is finally complete!

It's been a long time coming (here's the original gator post back in August), but the gator skull is finally complete! I've been really busy lately with training and such, but I had some time today to get the gator skull all wrapped up.

This has been a fun project, even if it seemed to take forever, but I really learned a lot since this was my first gator. There were several differences between this skull and the mammal skulls that I am so used to cleaning, such as the type of meat, the smell (stinky!), the way that the bone reacts to the whitening peroxide, and the way that the bone dries. I have two more gators to clean, and this one was the smallest of the three, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the others go.



Happy Hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment