Friday, November 14, 2014

Coyote Attack on Pet Dog in Backyard

This is some interesting footage - now you see why people in coyote country (that's just about everywhere, by the way) are often told to watch out for their pets, even in their own backyard. This dog appears to be on a chain, which may have saved its life, though I am no fan of dogs on chains.
A homeowner's surveillance camera recorded this footage on November 6, 2014 in Burlington, Ontario.
"I didn’t have time to think," Jenn Reid told CHCH in Canada. "I ran out the door and I just ran for my dog to try to make it stop. My kids followed me out the door and they were screaming and crying. The dog, as soon as the coyote let go of her, ran back toward my kids and the dog was crying and yelping and covered in blood."
Reid's dog required emergency surgery to survive multiple two-inch deep puncture wounds.


Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment