Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My handcalling sounds are now available as MP3s

One of the questions I get asked the most about predator hunting is "what sounds should I use and how do I make them sound different than everyone else?" Since I do most of my predator calling using mouth blown hand calls, it is much easier to replicate different sounds on stand, even with the same call. With some practice and some field time, you can figure out how to make different sounds with even the most common handcall, but sometimes it's hard to explain what they should sound like. I decided that it might help if I recorded my calling sounds and turn them into MP3s. Now everyone can hear what sounds I use, and you can also download them for use in your digital caller.

To download a sound, right-click on the link of the sound you want, choose "Save Target As", and then choose a location to save to.

The sounds can be found on the right hand side of my blog, under the "Blog Archive", in the section titled "Hand Call MP3s". The type of sound I am producing is listed first, and then the call and manufacturer are listed. That same info is also imbedded in the file, so it should be displayed when you play the sound. I will add more diverse sounds in the future, especially if I get comments or emails from anyone asking for more.

Enjoy the sounds, and happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment