Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coyote Clinic 2013 - another successful event!

A great group of hunters, ready to put some fur on the ground

Call sequence, scouting, stand selection, animal skinning, snap-shooting . . . . Coyote Clinic was again a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, including myself - every time I teach something I learn something! Once we got the classroom wrapped up on Saturday night, we got to apply that knowledge on Sunday with some beautiful weather for the Field Day.

I look forward to hearing back from these hunters on how their future hunts go, and posting some success stories up here on the blog!

During the snap-shooting exercise, we had the opportunity to test out some new prototype targets from ShootersElement that were designed just for the Coyote Clinic, and they will be for sale very soon! These AR500 steel targets of two different coyotes and a bobcat can handle any centerfire caliber (other than .338LAP and .50BMG) and make hunting practice fun and exciting. They replaced the old plywood and mild-steel targets that we used in the past which could only handle rimfire. I moved to the AR500 targets due to student feedback - I really do listen to my students.

Custom paint job by yours truly with some good ol' spray paint

Are you interested in attending a Coyote Clinic to learn more about putting fur on the ground? Stay tuned to this blog, or email me at Glen@IndependenceTraining.com for more information or to get a Coyote Clinic scheduled in your area!


Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment